President George W. Bush presented the President’s Volunteer Service Award to T.J. Powell when he arrived in Cleveland on Thursday, January 27, 2005.
The following is a all of the news we can find about this event and award:
- The Transcript of the discussion at the Cleveland Clinic issued from the White House can be found here, there is also a PDF version here.
- The official press release issued from the White House can be found here, there is also a PDF version here.
- T.J. was the 402nd person to receive this award, you can review the press releases of the other individuals who received it here.
- Medical Reserve Corps Announcement
- News Leader — Feb 02, 2005 — Web Version — Print Version
- News Leader — Bush pushes modernization of medical field while in Cleveland — Fed 02, 2005
- Nordonia Hills Sun — Feb 03, 2005 — Web Version — Print Version
- NorthSummit7 — Jan 28, 2005
- CLEVELAND.COM — Bush talks technology during stop at Clinic — Jan 28, 2005
- fox.com — Bush Pushes Computerized Medical Records — Jan 28, 2005
- NewsNet5.com – President Says Electronic Medical Records Will Cut Costs — Jan 27, 2005
- ohio.com — President promotes medical technology at Cleveland Clinic — Jan 28, 2005
- ohio.com — Bush will honor Northfield volunteer — Jan 27, 2005
- arrl.org — Ohio amateur receives President’s Volunteer Service Award — Feb 01, 2005
- Ohio Department of Transportation Employee Newsletter
- A video file of the conversation at the Cleveland Clinic. This is approx 55 min long. The President mentions T.J. at approx 6 min 40 seconds into the video file. The file requires broadband connection, if you are on a dial-up it will probably not work very well. Click here to watch the video.